TITLE: Library Processing Specialist
LOCATION: Stanly County Public Library, 133 E Main Street, Albemarle, NC 28001
WORKING HOURS: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., 37.5 hours per week
(Hours will include two nights and one Saturday a month.)
RECRUITMENT PERIOD: July 28, 2017 through 5:00 p.m. August 11, 2017
- Work in this classification involves processing a variety of materials and collection for circulation.
- Processing ordering of automated requests submitted by branch and section librarians.
- Receiving materials ordered and processing into the library collection using standardized cataloging and classification techniques; accepting and confirming shipments, processing all formats of materials; performing original and copy cataloging; maintaining accurate information in the library system database.
- Servicing patrons by issuing library cards, reserving materials, and assisting with locating books and other items; checking books and equipment in and out; collecting overdue fines.
- Mending and repairing books as needed.
- Collecting materials for bindery, scheduling pickup, creating bindery tickets, and processing bound materials when returned to the Library’s collection.
- Operating van to deliver materials to various branch locations two mornings a week.
- Work performed is categorized as medium work with exertion up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects, receiving and loading boxes of books.
DESIRABLE EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to an associate’s degree in library science, data processing, or a related field with experience sufficient to meet the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: North Carolina Class C Driver’s License.
Stanly County employees who are interested in applying for this position may submit an updated resume and application to the Human Resources Office. All other applicants must apply at the NC Works Career Center, 994 N First Street, Albemarle, NC 28001. (704) 982-2183. All applicants tentatively selected for this position will be required to submit to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment.
Stanly County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.