TITLE: Librarian II/Information Services
LIBRARY: Cumberland County Public Library & Information Center
CITY: Fayetteville, NC
QUALIFICATIONS: Master of Library Science degree (MLS) required. Must have two (2) years’ experience as a MLS professional librarian in a public library. Six month’s supervisory experience preferred
Equivalent Training/Experience: Trainee candidates must have at least 12 months’ experience as a MLS professional librarian in a public library.
CONDITIONS: Selected applicant must have or obtain, and maintain a valid North Carolina driver’s license with an acceptable driving record; must have access to transportation; background check with local law enforcement agency required; and must submit to a drug-screening test and receive a negative result for the use of drugs specified in the county policy. Refusal to submit to testing or a confirmed positive test shall be basis for withdrawal of the conditional employment offer.
- An employee in this position is responsible for providing advanced library services to customers at the Information Service desk.
- Responsible for the supervision and scheduling of staff within the Information Services department.
- Coordinates/facilitates staff training. Acts as branch supervisor in absence of branch manager.
- Hires, supervises, trains, evaluates, and schedules staff (permanent and temporary).
- In conjunction with Branch Manager, screens applications for vacant positions; conducts interviews; performs reference checks; completes and submits all recruitment paperwork.
- Assigns duties for projects and day-to-day activities.
- Oversees and coordinates branch’s Book A Librarian service.
- Compiles, prepares, and maintains reports, records, and statistics for the department.
- Performs proactive reference; answers complex customer questions about information and technology resources.
- Prepares and presents classes on basic and intermediate computer skills for the public.
- Prepares and presents programming for adult and all-ages audiences.
- Performs intermediate troubleshooting of library equipment.
- Trains the public in the use of library resources and equipment, including online catalog and databases.
- Resolves intermediate customer complaints; refers more complex issues to branch manager.
- Acts as Librarian II Trainer for home branch and sister branch, working with Library Learning and Innovation Manager to ensure all staff receive necessary training.
- Oversees, coordinates, and participates in collection management duties for adult reference, fiction, and nonfiction collections.
- Keeps up with current trends and issues in librarianship via professional reading and participation in library-related listservs, webinars, etc.
APPLY BY: Open until filled- previous applicants do not need to re-apply to be considered
TO APPLY: We accept on-line applications only. You may complete the application from our website at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/cumberlandcountync/default.cfm. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed county application.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Contact Ms. Dagmar Aerdelman at (910) 483-7727 extension 1305 or firstname.lastname@example.org or the Cumberland County Human Resources Department at (910) 678-7653.