TITLE: Technical Services and Collection Management Librarian
LOCATION: Ethel K. Smith Library
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time; 12-month Exempt Staff
The Technical Services and Holdings Librarian reports to the Director of the Library and is responsible for the development of the Library’s collections, act as a liaison between the Library’s collection and the faculty, and work with acquisitions and cataloging ILS modules (EKS Library employs Innovative’s Sierra).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Collection Management, Holdings, and Acquisitions
- Possesses thorough knowledge of books, authors, periodicals, reference materials and library media formats.
- Responsible for all activities associated with acquiring and de-selecting books and selected non-print library materials.
- Coordinates purchase requests, pre-order searching, order input, order receipt, standing orders, order check-in, and processing.
- Assists with cataloging and processing of holdings.
- Maintains contact with book suppliers, materials sources, and publishers for informed decisions regarding purchases.
- Monitors budget allocations.
- Works cooperatively and collaboratively with the Library Administration Associate concerning budgeting issues/procedures and Inter-Library loan statistics regarding potential collection additions.
- Provides leadership in the formulation, implementation, and evaluation of:
– Allocation and acquisitions policies and procedures.
– De-selection (weeding) practices and projects.
- Selects honor/memorial gift books.
Other Library Assignments
- Shares Reference Desk duties with other Librarians by providing assistance to students/faculty/patrons regarding online and traditional searches, etc.
– Assists at the Reference Desk as needed.
– Works evenings or weekends, as needed, in the staff rotation.
- Participates in general collection development.
- Participates in collection inventories.
- Functions as library liaison for select academic departments.
- Supervises student assistants.
- Assists in Inter-Library Loan as requested.
- Serves on University committees as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree from an ALA-accredited institution required.
- Experience with ILS acquisitions and cataloging modules.
- Managerial abilities, analytical skills, flexibility, and creativity in problem solving.
- Crafted skill in written and oral communications.
- Ability to work with Library staff and faculty.
- At least five years of experience in a college/university library setting with increasing responsibilities in the area of Collection Management.
- Reference Desk experience.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Interested candidates should provide via email a letter of interest, resume and contact information for three work-related references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
QUESTIONS: Please contact Lisa Ragsdale at email@example.com or 704-233-8710
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: It is the policy of Wingate University to abide by all Federal and State laws prohibiting employment discrimination solely on the basis of a person’s race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age (over 40), sex, marital status or physical handicap, except where a reasonable, bona fide occupational qualification exists.