Library Circulation Technician (Part-time, 20 hours)
Requisition #: 2017 – 1566
Location: Any Campus
Contracts for regular positions are renewable each June 30th after successful completion of probationary period (unless otherwise specified.)
Guilford Technical Community College offers more than 80 programs of study and continues to support success through innovative education, training and partnerships. The college offers associate degrees, diplomas and certificates as well as noncredit courses in professional development, personal enrichment, job training, career development and basic education.
The Library provides services to faculty, staff, students, and GTCC community members. The Circulation Technician works at the service desk assisting patrons with circulation, basic reference, and technology questions. The Circulation Technician assists the Librarians and help to maintain a safe, secure, and positive library environment. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required, as well as a willingness to work cooperatively.
· Assists customers with locating library resources and provides basic reference assistance.
· Maintains patron information in the library management system.
· Generates circulation reports using OCLC-WMS.
· Processes over-due notices, interlibrary loans, and reserves.
· Assists customers with copiers, computers, and general technical issues.
· Collects fines, fees, and follows policies to document financial transactions.
· Contributes to the maintenance and implementation of circulation policies and procedures.
· Routes books, periodicals, and other materials to various campus locations.
· Participates in inventory, shelf-reading, and deselection of books and materials.
· Monitors customers to help maintain a safe, secure, and positive library environment.
Educational & Certification Requirements:
· Associate’s degree from a regionally accredited postsecondary institution.
· Bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited postsecondary institution.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Professional Experience:
· One year experience working in a library.
· One year experience working in a library with circulation, interlibrary loan, or public services.
· One year experience working in an academic library.
· Experience using a library management system, such as OCLC –WMS.
· Experience using a student information system, such as Datatel Colleague and Moodle.
The Library Circulation Technician shall possess an understanding of and commitment to the nature and role of the Community College, particularly its “open door” policy. He/she shall have demonstrated personal and professional competence for the responsibilities assigned. The Technical Services Technician must be able to:
1. Create Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations, and Microsoft Word documents.
2. File and shelve according to the Dewey Decimal System.
Departmental/Job Specific Requirements:
Mandatory GTCC Trainings (upon initial hire) and annual updates as required; other required trainings may be added as needed):
1. Reporting Requirements
2. Discrimination & Anti-Harassment (within 30 days of hire; annual refresher thereafter)
3. Shooter on Campus (within 30 days of hire; annual refresher thereafter)
4. Personal Information Protection (within 30 days of hire; annual refresher thereafter)
5. Ethics and Social Responsibility (within 30 days of hire; annual refresher thereafter)
6. Safety training (Bloodborne Pathogens and E-Vac Chair)
1. Must be able to get to other offices, buildings, campus locations and off-site locations as necessary to complete requirements of the job.
2. 40-hour work week, but must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings if needed.
3. Physical requirements include periods of sitting at a computer and standing.
4. Must be able to lift, pull/push and up to 20 pounds.
Criminal history checks, with acceptable results, are required.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities:
· Serve on college committees as assigned.
· Participate in job-related workshops and training to enhance job performance.
· Attend departmental meetings and the college’s All Personnel meetings.
· Perform all duties as assigned by supervisor.
**All GTCC job descriptions reflect duties and responsibilities of the particular job and are subject to change with limited notice.
Open until an adequate pool of applicants is received
How to Apply:
A GTCC application must be submitted in order to be considered. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing an application form. When applying for a position that requires a degree, copies of unofficial transcripts must be attached to a completed application.
*If your education credentials are from a country outside of the United States & if you are extended an offer of employment you will be required to submit a translation/evaluation of your transcript.
Application for Evaluation is available:
1. Click the Login link at the bottom of the screen.
Or, if you are logged in
2. Clicking the Review & Submit Application button at the bottom of the screen.
Questions: Please contact Kimberly D. Hill, Human Resources Specialist, at 336.334.4822 ext. 50549 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
ALL EMPLOYEES PAID BY DIRECT DEPOSIT ONLY!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, GTCC is strongly committed to diversity & welcomes applications from all qualified candidates, particularly minorities and faculty under-represented in higher education. EOE
Applicants must be immediately eligible to work legally in the United Sates at the time of application. Guilford Technical Community College does not sponsor any VISAs.