TITLE: Reference and Instructional Librarian
LIBRARY: Davidson County Community College
CITY: Lexington, NC
SALARY: $36,265 – $47,144 based on candidate’s experience, education, and the state budget
Davidson County Community College is a member of the North Carolina Community College system. DCCC serves Davidson/Davie and adjoining counties with the main campus located on the border of Lexington and Thomasville, and the Davie campus located in Mocksville. We also have three satellite education centers in the area for students who find it convenient to study in a smaller environment. Davidson County Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. (See Davidson County Community College website – www.davidsonccc.edu – Street Address: 297 DCCC Road, Thomasville, NC 27360-7385 – Post Office Address: P.O. Box 1287, Lexington, NC 27293-1287.)
Davidson County Community College’s mission is to develop minds, inspire imaginations, and prepare students for enhanced career and educational opportunities within a changing global environment.
DCCC is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404.679.4500 for questions about the accreditation of Davidson County Community College.
• Master’s Degree in Library and Information Studies from an institution accredited by the American Library Association (ALA)
• Minimum of 1 year of instructional experience
• Flexible schedule (able to provide services in the evening and on weekends as needed)
• Experience working in a professional capacity at a library
• Strong knowledge of instructional design and skill with educational technology
• Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability to change
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Ability to be self-directed as well as work effectively and collaboratively with others in a team
• Familiarity with and appreciation for the mission of a comprehensive community college
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong commitment to service
• Experience working as a librarian in an academic library
• Coordinate and implement online and in-person instruction in support of Library Services, the professional development of the campus community, and faculty information literacy efforts.
• Provide online and in-person reference services and one-on-one research consultation.
• Create interactive, digital learning objects such as online, multimedia tutorials, research guides, etc. in support of library instruction and other library services.
• Create physical learning objects and material in support of library instruction and other library services such as library service ephemera, instruction handouts, flyers, etc.
• Work with the Director of Library Services on the design and implementation of tools that measure the effectiveness of library services and instruction.
• Assist with library service data collection and entry.
• Work with the Director of Library Services on outreach and marketing efforts.
• Serve as library liaison to faculty, staff, and the community at large.
• Maintain open, robust, and timely communication with colleagues and Director of Library Services.
• Serve as Reference Team leader and supervise Reference staff (1 full-time and 1 part-time.)
• Provide general computer assistance to users in the library computer lab as needed.
• Perform leadership and management duties in the absence of the Director.
• Promote College vision and values.
• Participate in College committees and College professional development activities.
• Provide general assistance with all areas of the library as needed.
AVAILABLE: July 10, 2017
APPLY BY: July 25, 2017
TO APPLY: Click on the job title to reach the electronic application on the employment page of our website: http://www.davidsonccc.edu\Employment.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: For complete job description and the electronic application, please go to the Employment page of our website – http://www.davidsonccc.edu – click on job title, create login and password, then submit application.
Questions: Please contact Eleanor Brewer, Human Resource Services, email@example.com.
An equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.