TITLE: Librarian I, Youth Services
LIBRARY: Wake County Public Library System
LOCATION: Cameron Village, Raleigh, NC
WORK SCHEDULE: Mon – Fri 8:15am – 5:15pm, except regular night and weekend rotation
CLOSING DATE: July 10, 2017
Youth Services Librarians with WCPL have the primary responsibility of providing programs to children of all ages. Librarians develop, promote and present programs in one of the following four age groups: Baby and Toddler (babies and walkers to age 3), Preschool (3 to 5 years), School Age (K-5th graders), and Teen (6th to 10th graders). All Young Child programs are based on the pre-literacy skills of Every Child Ready to Read. In addition, Librarians work on a public service desk providing excellent customer service. They assist members with reference, readers’ advisory, and technical assistance, and are responsible for the maintenance and merchandising of areas of the library collection.
• Plan, promote and present multiple weekly programs for children, teens and/or families
• Work directly with the public on a service desk providing excellent customer service
• Collaborate with peers and managers to develop programs
• Work with Library Assistants assigned to assist in the delivery of Librarian developed programs
• Provide homework help, reference and reader’s advisory services for the public
• Assist the public with basic technology and online searching skills
Coursework in youth services and one year of professional librarian experience.
APPLY: please visit: http://www.wakegov.com/employment/Pages/default.aspx
CONTACT INFORMATION: For more information regarding this position please contact Sarah V. Lyon, Library Experience Manager at Wake County Public Library System, 919-250-1241.