Title: Library Operations Supervisor
Library: Roanoke Rapids Public Library
City: Roanoke Rapids, NC
Salary: $41,000/year with benefits
Master’s degree in library science from an accredited ALA library school and some supervisory experience and experience in library work; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Additional qualifications: Considerable knowledge of library practices and procedures; considerable knowledge of modern office practices and procedures; considerable knowledge of library subject matter and information available; ability to plan and administer library administrative operations; ability to organize work area and provide leadership with other employees and patrons using the library; ability to deal tactfully and courteously with the widely varying demographic groups and their special needs.
- Supervises the part-time Library Assistants; trains and answers questions; discusses performance issues; and assists in the interviewing processing.
- Delegates tasks and schedules duties for employees;
- Coordinates computer input and operations for the library;
- Compiles and prepares the statistical reports of library use;
- Maintains administrative files and records for the library;
- Keeps inventory current;
- Coordinates at least four major programs annually including the Summer Reading Program in June & July, the Holiday Reading Event in December and two others to be assigned by the Head Librarian;
- Serves as administrative support staff to the director;
- Performs special projects or tasks;
- Works with the public to explain library policies, fines etc;
- Assists in maintaining order in the library, which may include behavioral problems;
- Answers telephone, refers calls and works with public directly at the desk;
- Attends Library Advisory Committee meetings;
- Works at Parks and Recreations events as assigned by the Parks & Recreation Director;
- Performs related duties as required.
Available: Open until filled
To Apply: Mail, fax, or deliver cover letter, resume and City of Roanoke Rapids application to Kathy Kearney, Human Resources Manager, P. O. Box 38 / 1040 Roanoke Avenue (J. Reuben Daniel City Hall), Roanoke Rapids, NC 27870. Fax (252) 533-2809. Applications are available at City Hall or http://www.roanokerapidsnc.com.
For Additional Information: Contact Kathy Kearney, Human Resources Manager at (252) 533-2845 or email@example.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.