Guilford Technical Community College offers more than 80 programs of study and continues to support success through innovative education, training and partnerships. The college offers associate degrees, diplomas and certificates as well as noncredit courses in professional development, personal enrichment, job training, career development and basic education.
The Library provides services to faculty, staff, students, and GTCC community members. The Circulation Technician works at the service desk assisting patrons with circulation, basic reference, and technology questions. The Circulation Technician assists the Librarians and help to maintain a safe, secure, and positive library environment. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required, as well as a willingness to work cooperatively.
Educational & Certification Requirements:
· Associate’s degree from a regionally accredited postsecondary institution.
· Bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited postsecondary institution.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Professional Experience:
· One year experience working in a library.
· One year experience working in a library with circulation, interlibrary loan, or public services.
· One year experience working in an academic library.
· Experience using a library management system, such as OCLC –WMS.
· Experience using a student information system, such as Datatel Colleague and Moodle.
Please visit our website, https://jobs.gtcc.edu/JobPosting.aspx?JPID=1238, for the complete job description and to apply online.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, GTCC is strongly committed to diversity & welcomes applications from all qualified candidates, particularly minorities and faculty under-represented in higher education. EOE
Application Deadline: 7/14/17
Questions: Please contact Melissa L. Kinney, HR Specialist/Human Resources; email@example.com; 336.334.4822 ext 50613.