Title: Librarian (part-time)
Library: Lucy Cooper Finch Library, William Peace University
City: Raleigh, NC
Salary: $15 per hour
Notes: 15 hours per week, mostly evenings and weekends, though schedule flexibility is important.
• Master of Library Science or equivalent
• 3 combined years of experience in customer service oriented positions
• Knowledge of basic library operations; familiarity with computers, especially Microsoft Office and Google products; excellent interpersonal skills and commitment to customer service
• 2 years of experience in an academic library; supervisory experience
• Knowledge of online research databases
• Familiarity with Macintosh computers
The Librarian is responsible for providing exceptional library service to students, faculty, and staff. Typical duties include providing walk-in, telephone, and email reference services and assisting patrons with finding and using appropriate research resources. Librarians also provide circulation services, direct the work of student employees, and assist with other duties such as ILL services, library instruction, and basic computer troubleshooting.
WPU is under the leadership of Dr. Brian C. Ralph, who assumed office in August, 2015. The institution is in a season of exciting change and completed a comprehensive strategic planning process in 2016 – 2017 academic year. The ideal candidate will have the ability to embrace the five core values of William Peace University:
• Focus on Students
• Excellence with Integrity
• Diversity, Inclusion and Respect
• Creativity & Innovation
• Commitment to Community
Available: August 1, 2017
Apply By: Open until filled; however, priority given to qualified candidates who apply by Tuesday July 11, 2017.
Questions: Please email STF000137@gmail.com.