The NCSU Libraries invites applications and nominations for the position of Ask Us Services Librarian, a role that also serves as Associate Head for the Access Services department. Access Services develops and implements services that connect users with experts, collections, technology, and spaces, when and where they’re needed. The department manages the Ask Us service points at the D.H. Hill and Hunt Libraries, providing answers in person, through chat, and throughout the Libraries, whether it’s finding a book or signing up for a tech consultation. Ask Us lending includes a textbook program with a copy of every required textbook and an expansive technology lending service including laptops, cameras, circuit kits, virtual reality devices, and everything else users need to study, learn, and explore their passions in photography, music, programming, making, designing, or whatever they love. Access Services manages the 5+ million volume collection on the D.H. Hill and Hunt open shelves and in the Hunt Library bookBot. Access Services manages print and electronic reserves at both main libraries, and supports interlibrary loan services, borrowing 28,000 books and articles this year from libraries all over the world for the NC State community. Access Services operates the D.H. Hill and Hunt Libraries, keeping them open, fun, and safe 24 hours a day, five days a week, 361 days a year for 2.25 million visits.
This position provides leadership and management for the Ask Us services across two main library locations, the D.H. Hill and Hunt Libraries. S/He develops proactive services to support the academic, professional, and personal success of a diverse student population. The incumbent directs and coordinates 24/5 in-person and virtual reference, lending, and technology support, and maintains high customer service standards across services. S/He directly supervises ten paraprofessional staff and a significant budget for student assistants, and coordinates the work of Ask Us Services Managers from all departments within the Student Success Division: Access Services, Learning Spaces & Services, and User Experience, fostering a collaborative and creative work environment with strong communication. The Ask Us Librarian engages with users and analyzes and acts on feedback and library usage trends. S/He designs workflows, maintains internal controls and documentation, and collaborates with the Head of Access Services to set forward-thinking departmental goals and objectives. S/He recommends policies and establishes procedures to support the university community in an effective and accountable manner. The Ask Us Librarian works in close cooperation with Branch Directors, Information Technology, and other public services managers and staff to advance services. S/He works with Building Services staff and the University Police Department to ensure safety and security in round-the-clock operations. As Associate Head, the incumbent is responsible for the department in the absence of the Head. This position serves on library-wide committees, task forces, and teams. NCSU librarians are expected to be active professionally and to contribute to developments in the field. The position reports to the Head, Access Services.
- ALA-accredited MLS, MIS, or equivalent advanced degree in library science or information science.
- Relevant professional experience, such as experience in delivering information and research services in an academic library, or teaching, training, library instruction, or outreach.
- Management/supervision experience.
- Ability to provide leadership for the delivery of excellent customer service to a diverse clientele.
- Ability to initiate, develop, and assess innovative services and programs that advance organizational goals.
- Demonstrated record of engagement with a user community and commitment to creative, high-quality library services and facilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to communicate clearly, knowledgeably, and personably, orally and in writing.
- Ability to lead and excel in a team environment.
Demonstrated record of ongoing professional development.
- Demonstrated ability to direct and coordinate technical projects and personnel involving other library departments, campus partners, vendors, consortia, bibliographic utilities, and software developers.
- Experience with digital media including some combination of video and audio production, 3D modeling, data visualization, and/or game design.
- Experience with reference, circulation, and/or interlibrary loan operations.
Salary and Benefits
The Libraries offers a highly competitive salary in recognition of applicable education and experience for this position. Librarians have non-tenure track faculty status (without levels of rank). Benefits include: 24 days vacation, 12 days sick leave; State of NC preferred provider medical insurance, and state, TIAA/CREF, or other retirement options. Additional and optional dental, life, disability, deferred compensation, and legal plans are offered. Tuition waiver program for all campuses of The University of North Carolina is available. See the Benefits and Leave Administration page for more information.
See vacancy announcement with application instructions at https://www.lib.ncsu.edu/jobs/EHRA/ahas.
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt; applications will be accepted until finalist candidates are selected. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible to receive full consideration. The nomination committee may invite candidates for confidential, pre-interview screenings. Appointment requires successful completion of background check. This position is available immediately; start date is negotiable. Applicants must apply through the NC State University online employment website. For assistance with this process contact NCSU Libraries Personnel Services Office (919) 515-3522.
Please contact Nellie Maurer, email@example.com, 919-513-3394.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. NC State welcomes all persons without regard to sexual orientation or genetic information. Persons with disabilities requiring accommodations in the application and interview process please call (919) 515-3148.