SALARY: $32,968.00 – $47,968.00 Annually
LOCATION: Lillington, NC
JOB TYPE: Full-time Permanent
DIVISION: Student Services
JOB NUMBER: 01104
CLOSING: 6/20/2017 11:59 PM Eastern
This is a re-advertisement. Previous applicants need not apply.
Provides library instruction for traditional and non-traditional students. Develops online research guides (LibGuides). Actively promotes the library to constituents via dynamic outreach activities. Provides public services including reference services, computer assistance, and circulation services. Assists with collection development and other duties as assigned. Opens the library daily. Hours may vary based on when library instruction is needed. This position is located at the Harnett campus in Lillington. Summer hours are based on a 4-day work week.
- Teaches library instruction classes and orientations that incorporate active learning at the Harnett campuses. Works with faculty to integrate information literacy skills and library resources into the college curriculum. Works as an embedded librarian in online and seated classes.
- Works with librarians at the main campus on instructional design, teaching methods, and assessment of library instruction.
- Assists with creating and maintaining online research guides (LibGuides).
- Assists students, faculty, staff, and other patrons with use of the library catalog, print resources, electronic databases, and the Internet through individual instruction and/or research consultations.
- Assists students with the use of library equipment, computers, software, and other resources.
- Performs circulation desk procedures including checking in and checking out materials, registering patrons and maintaining patron records, making student IDs, accepting payment for lost or damaged materials and/or cards, answering patrons’ questions concerning library policies, and managing study room reservations.
- Identifies outreach opportunities, plans and implements relevant activities, and establishes effective networks with library constituents. Actively promotes library resources and services to students, faculty, and staff. Builds relationships with Harnett instructors and keeps them informed of available library services and resources. Provides outreach at other instructional sites. Works with librarians at the main campus to promote library events at the Harnett campus and other sites as needed.
- Reports library instruction and outreach data for monthly statistical reports.
- Selects and deselects books and audiovisual materials for the Harnett library collections.
- Oversees the general library study environment.
- Opens the library daily.
- Performs other library duties as assigned by the Director of Library Services and/or the Harnett campus provost.
- Master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited institution.
- Minimum of 2 years professional library work experience in an academic library setting. Teaching experience at the college level with traditional and non-traditional students incorporating active learning methods.
- Thorough knowledge of online research databases and print resources.
- Experience in collection development and evaluating information resources. Experience in library outreach and embedded librarianship.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Excellent customer service and organizational skills. Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Strong computer/technology skills.
- Current knowledge of library technologies, automated library systems, LibGuides, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Familiarity with distance education library services.
- Physical ability to do moderate lifting and to push full book carts.
- A valid driver’s license.
- An understanding of and an appreciation for the concept of the “open door admission policy” and/or community college library experience.
- Familiarity with online course management systems (i.e. Blackboard).
- Strong commitment to help students learn and succeed
- Flexibility to adapt to and respond to change in an ever-changing environment.
- An understanding of principles and best practices in information literacy instruction.
- Ability to proactively reach out to and collaborate with faculty.
- Ability to work well with individuals of diverse backgrounds.
- Enthusiasm for library services.
- Self-starter and the ability to work independently.
- Reliable, innovative, and a strong work ethic.
AGENCY: Central Carolina Community College
ADDRESS: 1105 Kelly Dr. Sanford, North Carolina, 27330.