TITLE: Embedded and Online Services Librarian
LIBRARY: Elizabeth Braswell Pearsall Library, NC Wesleyan College
CITY: Rocky Mount, North Carolina
SALARY: This is a full-time, tenure-track appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor. Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience and generous benefits package.
Required: Candidates must have a master’s degree in library or information science from an ALA accredited institution. 3+ years of reference and instruction experience in an academic library.
Other requirements include:
• Strong technology skills, including knowledge of the full Microsoft Office suite. Experience managing a social networking initiative and providing web outreach.
• Familiarity with web design principles, with LibGuides or other web authoring tools, and with learning management and content management systems.
• Experience using video production hardware and software to produce video tutorials.
• Knowledge of reference resources and techniques.
• Experience teaching general and specialized information literacy classes and excellent teaching and presentation skills.
• Knowledge of current and emerging library principles, practices, and technologies.
• A strong commitment to public service and the provision of exceptional service.
• Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills; excellent oral and written communication skills;. Demonstrated ability to work independently with little supervision and to work effectively in collaborative teams to achieve common goals.
North Carolina Wesleyan College seeks a dynamic and creative service-oriented librarian to collaborate with other librarians and with teaching faculty to develop and implement effective and innovative services for research based courses offered face-to-face or online at all campuses. This librarian will engage with teaching faculty and work with other librarians to create student-centered programs to teach students to find, critically evaluate, and ethically use information sources. This librarian will provide leadership in the design, implementation, support, and assessment of the library’s array of learning tools for online instruction and research assistance. This librarian will also work with other librarians to develop outreach programs to serve the Wesleyan Community at all locations and in online programs.
AVAILABLE: Position available August 2017. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until a suitable candidate is identified.
To apply, please send a letter of application, curriculum vitae, and contact information for three professional references to:
Dr. Esther Burgess
Director of the Library/Assistant Professor
North Carolina Wesleyan College
3400 N. Wesleyan Blvd.
Rocky Mount, NC 27804
For more information: http://ncwc.edu/human-resources/applications/full-time-faculty-positions/.