TITLE: Bilingual Elementary School Library Media Coordinator
LIBRARY: Frank Porter Graham Bilingue
CITY: Chapel Hill
NOTE: Seeking a Spanish-speaking candidate to support our bilingual elementary school.
SALARY: NC State Teacher Salary + 16% supplement + Full Benefits
QUALIFICATIONS: N.C. School Media Coordinator Certification
1. Adheres to the Teacher Performance Appraisal Instrument criteria, and instructs students and faculty in using and/or producing media to integrate into the curriculum and facilitate the teaching/learning process.
2. Initiates interaction with students, staff administration, and the general public for purposes of integrating, promoting, and expanding the media program.
3. Designs and implements short- and long-range plans which allow a balance among integrated skills instruction, literature appreciation, planning with teachers, and collection management and development.
4. Establishes and carries out procedures for effective and efficient selection, acquisition, cataloging, processing, accessing, and maintaining materials and equipment.
5. Selects materials for addition to the collection which support the educational program of the school.
6. Administers the media center budget.
7. Organizes the facility and resources in such a way that they reflect the philosophy and goals of the school and its media program.
8. Provides opportunities for personal and professional growth for him/herself as well as for the school’s staff and students.
9. Performs assigned non-instructional duties.
10. Adheres to established laws, policies, rules and regulations.
11. Prepares and submits accurate reports promptly.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
APPLY BY: ASAP
TO APPLY: https://www.applitrack.com/chccs/onlineapp/
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: 10-month position. For more information please contact Chapel Hill-Carrboro City Schools Human at HR@chccs.k12.nc.us or at (919) 967-8211, ext 28230.