Job Posting: Web and Database Development Librarian, NC LIVE
Location: NCSU Libraries, NCSU, Raleigh, NC USA
NC LIVE is seeking a Web and Database Development Librarian to lead the design and management of the technologies that support a renowned statewide library consortium. The Web and Database Development Librarian will be responsible for all technical aspects of NC LIVE’s web presence, systems integration, and the services that support its digital collections. Your time will be allocated between systems architecting, ongoing maintenance of existing services, and software development to support new initiatives. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with member librarians and developers to integrate their local tools and services with NC LIVE’s technologies.
The Web and Database Development Librarian will also work with an external vendor to ensure the robustness and reliability of NC LIVE’s hosted infrastructure; monitor and assist in the resolution of technical issues related to NC LIVE content and services; and serve as liaison to one Advisory Committee.
- ALA-accredited MLIS, MLS or equivalent advanced degree.
- A proven track-record of innovation.
- Experience with open source programming languages, including PHP.
- Experience working with Unix/Linux environments and troubleshooting Unix-based applications and packages.
- Database development experience with relational databases such as MySQL.
- Familiarity with usability testing, website accessibility standards, and analytics.
- Familiarity with mobile platforms and responsive design.
- Familiarity with current digital library technologies, standards and best practices.
- Ability to work creatively, collaboratively, and effectively both as a team member and independently and to promote teamwork among colleagues.
- Capacity to thrive in an exciting, ambiguous, future-oriented environment and to respond effectively to changing needs and priorities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Able to communicate clearly and succinctly both verbally and in reports and presentations.
- Valid driver license and ability to travel to NC LIVE member libraries across the State.
- Familiarity with customer relationship management systems.
- Familiarity with Drupal CMS.
- Experience working in or on behalf of libraries.
- Experience with APIs and/or search engine technologies.
Salary and Benefits:
The Libraries offers a highly competitive salary in recognition of applicable education and experience for this position. Librarians have non-tenure track faculty status (without levels of rank). Benefits include: 24 days vacation, 12 days sick leave; State of NC preferred provider medical insurance, and state, TIAA/CREF, or other retirement options. Additional and optional dental, life, disability, deferred compensation, and legal plans are offered. Tuition waiver program for all campuses of The University of North Carolina is available. See the Benefits and Leave Administration page for more information.
Review of applications is underway; position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. See vacancy announcement with application instructions at https://www.lib.ncsu.edu/jobs/EHRA/nc-live-wddl.
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt; applications will be accepted until finalist candidates are selected. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible to receive full consideration. The nomination committee may invite candidates for confidential, pre-interview screenings. Appointment requires successful completion of background check.
See vacancy announcement with application instructions at https://www.lib.ncsu.edu/jobs/EHRA/nc-live-wddl.
For assistance with this process contact NCSU Libraries Personnel Services Office (919) 515-3522.
AA/OEO. NC State welcomes all persons without regard to sexual orientation or genetic information. For ADA accommodations, please call (919) 515-3148.