DATE LISTED: April 5, 2017
TITLE: Research Librarian
LIBRARY: William E. Laupus Health Sciences Library
CITY: Greenville, NC
SALARY: Initial appointment is a one (1) year fixed-term contract; subsequent renewal may be for a multi-year fixed-term contract. The minimum salary is $50,000. ECU offers an excellent benefits package.
NOTE: Serving East Carolina University’s Division of Health Sciences
- Graduate degree from an ALA-accredited library school or other relevant accredited
- Experience with data visualization tools, or the aptitude and interest in learning such tools
- Experience with or the aptitude and interest in learning programming languages
- Flexibility and adaptability for work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as a team member and independently
- Commitment to diversity in the workplace and community
- Bench science, pharmacy, or clinical research experience and an understanding of translational medicine principles
- Previous professional work experience within health sciences libraries
- Experience with evidence-based information retrieval and in-depth literature searching
- Knowledge of biomedical information resources, data management, and traditional and alternative research impact measurement tools
- Experience providing instruction in an academic setting
- Awareness of scholarly communication issues within the health sciences
- Demonstrated organizational and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with emerging and established technologies, including mobile devices
- Sense of humor and outgoing personality
DUTIES: The Research Librarian is responsible for supporting researchers throughout the Division of Health Sciences. Primary duties include: leading the library’s systematic review service program; assisting Division researchers with discoverability and promotion of scholarly publications; assisting division researchers with data management planning and tracking, including public access policy adherence and grant cycles. The Research Librarian will develop relationships with the Associate Deans of Research and serve on Division-level research committees in order to promote library research support services to the greater health sciences community.
The Research Librarian will collaborate with Laupus liaison librarians and colleagues from Joyner Academic Library Services on research and educational activities as appropriate. Additional responsibilities include participating in Laupus Library committees and projects as assigned; engagement in scholarly activities and professional service; and performs other duties as assigned.
AVAILABLE: Available immediately
APPLY BY: Applications will be accepted until position is filled
TO APPLY: All applications must be submitted online. Follow this link ecu.peopleadmin.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=85340, or go to http://jobs.ecu.edu and click the Search Postings link. Choose Laupus Library as the Department and click Search.
Official transcripts are required upon employment. Applicants must comply with the Immigration Reform and Control Act. East Carolina University is an EO/AA university and accommodates individuals with disabilities.
Please note that it is the responsibility of the applicant to arrange for three letters of reference to be sent directly to us. In addition, if an offer is made, successful candidates must provide official transcripts for all academic work completed.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Please contact Kathy Massey at (252) 744-2216 or by email at email@example.com.