TITLE: Instruction and Reference Librarian, part-time
LIBRARY: Lenoir-Rhyne University Center for Graduate Studies of Asheville
CITY: Asheville, North Carolina
NOTE: The Asheville Center students are served by a virtual rather than print library and by interlibrary loan services.
SALARY: Limited benefits. Funding available for professional development activities.
- ALA-accredited master’s degree and minimum of 2 years’ library experience.
- Demonstrated experience with library instruction, online instructional material preparation, and reference/research.
- Experience using course management systems, especially Canvas, online web authoring platforms, especially LibGuides, and a variety of social media platforms.
- Excellent knowledge of and experience with office productivity software.
- Excellent verbal, written, and spoken communication skills.
- Experience in an academic library and with instructional or educational technology.
- Experience with distance education and with non-traditional students.
- Experience with interlibrary loan software/products (ILLiad, OCLC).
- Subject experience or advanced degree in Counseling, Health Sciences, Business, or Education.
- Provide instruction across the graduate curriculum integrating digital scholarly resources into on-campus and online courses via LRU’s Canvas course management system; use new/emerging technologies for information literacy instruction; develop online resources and guides using LibGuides.
- Provide research services to students and faculty for all of the Center’s graduate programs via in-person and remote consultations.
- Assist in marketing library services and resources through use of social media.
- Assist the Information Technology staff as needed in troubleshooting day-to-day problems with computers and peripherals on-site.
- Serve as a Writing Tutor under the direction of the University Writing Center Director.
- Assess activities that measure and evaluate instruction, reference work, resources, and services.
AVAILABLE: Beginning June 2017
APPLY BY: Open until position is filled.
TO APPLY: Complete the online application at http://www.lr.edu/employment by submitting a Letter of Application, a professional resume/Curriculum Vitae (including the names and addresses of at least three references), and a Statement of Academic Librarianship Philosophy. The application letter should discuss specifically how one’s professional experiences and perspectives relate to the needs of the position and of Lenoir-Rhyne University. (The University’s mission, vision, values, and common learning goals may be reviewed at: http://www.lr.edu/about.)
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Contact Ms. Rita Dursi Johnson, Asheville Librarian Search Committee Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org.