Job Title:Supervising Librarian (Branch Manager)
Agency: New Hanover County
Location: Wilmington, NC
Salary: $58,962.00 Annually
Job Type: Full-Time
Hours: 8:00AM-5:00PM including evenings and weekends; must be available during emergency situations.
Job Number: 201700047
Closing: 3/29/2017 11:59 PM Eastern
New Hanover County Public Library seeks a Supervising Librarian to lead an energetic team in delivering dynamic and relevant library services in a high volume, fast-paced branch environment. The selected candidate will oversee operations at their assigned branch and will be an upbeat, resourceful and compassionate manager skilled in customer relations.
- Makes customer service a priority, looking for ways to say: Yes!
- Maximizes staff potential through delegation, recognition, teambuilding and training
- Inspires and motivates branch staff in implementing New Hanover County Library mission, values and strategic objectives
- Contributes to the development of system policies and procedures as a member of NHCPL’s management team
- Oversees a library facility to include management of IT, security, and maintenance issues
- Partners with stakeholders and volunteers to provide informational and enrichment programs and services to the public
- Collaborates with volunteers, Friends of the Library, nearby businesses, and other interested groups to promote and support library resources and programs
- Cultivates a current and appealing branch collection in a variety of formats for all ages
- Contributes to system level collection selection and development in assigned areas
Supervising Librarians must be:
- Compassionate individuals dedicated to public service
- Skilled delegators committed to empowering staff
- Resourceful managers confident in exercising independent judgment
- Team players dedicated to the mission and goals of NHCPL
- Enthusiastic about interacting with and assisting a diverse customer base of all ages, abilities and backgrounds
- Willing and able to lift up to 30 pounds; bend, stoop and reach; stand for several hours per day
Master’s in Library Science from an accredited institution of Library Science and five (5) years of librarian experience.
For More Information Contact:
Carla Sarratt, Virtual Services Librarian (910)-798-6331