DATE LISTED: March 14, 2017
TITLE: Library Webmaster
LIBRARY: Durham County Library
CITY: Durham, NC
SALARY: $39,600 – $71,280
QUALIFICATIONS: Requires any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from an accredited college or university with a degree in computer science or a related field and two years of experience in developing or managing websites.
DUTIES: Durham County Library is seeking an experienced, creative, and innovative web developer to design, develop, and manage the Library’s online properties including the website (virtual branch), public catalog, Summer Reading website, online calendar/room reservation system, staff intranet and more.
The individual in this role will lead the redesign of the Library’s website to coincide with the reopening of the renovated Main Library in 2019.
The webmaster will also work with digital collection platforms such as OverDrive, hoopla, Recorded Books and others to integrate these services into the Library’s website using APIs or other means. Provides training on the Library’s websites, electronic resources and other tools to library staff. Maintains and evaluates statistics of Library’s websites, digital collections and electronic resources.
While this position will be a member of the Library’s Technology Management unit, the webmaster will collaborate extremely closely with Durham County Library’s Marketing and Development unit on website content, social media and online marketing of the Library’s programs and initiatives. Contributes to the Library’s social media accounts. Creates graphics for web and social media as needed. Oversees the Library’s e-newsletters and designs and solicits content for the system-wide e-newsletter.
The webmaster provides excellent customer service via email, phone and support ticketing system to internal and external customers. Occasional nights, weekends or on-call duties may be required to support Library initiatives.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in integrating third party data into websites via APIs or other means.
- Knowledge of web design best practices.
- Experience with WordPress preferred.
- Familiarity with graphic design software such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator to create online graphics.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member to identify requirements, find and evaluate alternatives, present solutions, make recommendations and follow projects through to completion.
- Ability to take initiative and use creative and innovative thinking to find solutions.
- Ability to serve as a team leader, providing coordination and leadership to other team members.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with users, peers and department officials.
- Ability to provide technical training to library staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Willingness to assist other members of the Technology Management unit as needed to support the goals of the Library.
APPLY BY: March 24, 2017
TO APPLY: Visit https://durhamcountylibrary.org/employment/.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Contact Durham County Government Human Resources at 919-560-7900. or Matthew Clobridge, Technology Management Administrator, Durham County Library, Office (919) 560-0128.