TITLE: Electronic Resources Librarian/Teaching Assistant Professor (#942042)
LIBRARY: Joyner Library – East Carolina University
CITY: Greenville, NC 27858
Known for its leadership in distance learning and its mission to serve, J.Y. Joyner Library, East Carolina University (ECU) seeks applicants for the position of Electronic Resources Librarian. The successful candidate will be a member of the Library’s Electronic Resources Department and will report to the Head of Electronic Resources. The person in this position will work closely with others in the Electronic Resources Department and the ECU Libraries to effectively manage the Libraries’ expanding electronic resource collections.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
QUALIFICATIONS: ALA-accredited master’s degree
- Coordinate the management of the electronic resource life cycle by: administering the electronic resources management system, coordinating timely investigations and resolution of electronic resource access problems, communicating with vendors, co-administering the Library’s proxy server, assisting with license agreements, and filling other electronic resource management duties as needed.
- Participate in the administration, optimization, and integration of the Library’s web-scale discovery service, link resolver, e-journal/e-book portal, database list, and other systems for the discovery and access of collections.
- Participate in the development of short and long-term goals related to discovery and access of electronic resources.
- Monitor trends in access and discovery and recommend appropriate enhancements in the Library’s systems and interfaces.
- Serve as a member of library committees and collaborate with other ECU libraries.
APPLY BY: March 8, 2017
TO APPLY: All Applicants must apply online: www.jobs.ecu.edu.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Please attach a resume, cover letter and list of three references (include email, complete mailing addresses and phone numbers).
This is a renewable 12-month contract position with faculty status. $45,000 minimum salary with a comprehensive fringe benefits package. Subsequent contract renewal is subject to university hiring guidelines.
Copies of MLS transcripts will be requested at a later date, if invited for an on campus interview.
QUESTIONS: Please contact Mary Sweatte, Library HR Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, (252)328-5336.
ECU seeks to create an environment that fosters the recruitment and retention of a more diverse student body, faculty, staff, and administration. Academic Library Services strongly encourages applicants from women, minorities, and historically underrepresented groups.