TITLE: Collection Development Librarian
LIBRARY: Cabarrus County Public Library
CITY: Concord, NC
NOTE: CCPL connects Cabarrus County citizens with information and resources that educate, enrich, and empower. We are a growing system with branches in Concord, Kannapolis, Mt. Pleasant and Harrisburg with a passion for collaboration and innovation to increase opportunities for lifelong learning in our community.
SALARY: $42,328.00-$49,150.40 annually, plus benefits package
- Graduation from a college or university with a Master’s degree in library and information science from an American Library Association accredited program, or from a regionally accredited program of higher education in North Carolina, and considerable experience in a public library.
- Comprehensive knowledge of library principles, methods, materials and practices; of reader interest levels; and of cataloging procedures and problems.
- Thorough knowledge of books and authors, periodicals, reference media and library media.
- Working knowledge of library equipment, computers and applicable software applications.
- Skilled in identifying publishing trends and community interests as related to collection development, and of working with a team to make quality decisions surrounding purchasing and acquisitions.
- Ability to analyze library service problems and participate effectively in solving them; to develop specific plans and goals to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work; to communicate effectively orally and in writing; to prepare and maintain accurate records and reports; and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, subordinates, and the general public.
- Oversees, directs, coordinates and participates in collection development and acquisition duties for the Cabarrus County Public Library system, including print and digital collections.
- Reviews, evaluates, and select materials for the library system based on the Collection Development Policy, community needs, professional reviews, staff recommendations and current composition of the library system collection.
- Responsible for the acquisition of materials for all age groups; enters orders in the library’s on-line catalog and acquisition system, assists with cataloging and processing.
- Works with vendors and library staff to make well-informed decisions regarding database and digital collection subscriptions. Coaches library staff on de-selection and weeding practices; provides timely reports to staff for scheduled weeding and related reports as required.
- Manages expenditure of all funds allocated to collection development to maximize purchasing power, prepares purchase orders, pays invoices, and handles other financial documents related to acquisitions.
APPLY BY: Open Until Filled
TO APPLY: Apply online at https://www.cabarruscounty.us/government/departments/human-resources/Pages/Employment-Opportunities.aspx.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Contact Emery Ortiz, Library Director, at email@example.com.