Title: Branch Librarian
Library: Graham County Public Library, Branch of the Nantahala Regional Library
City: Robbinsville, North Carolina
Note: The Nantahala Regional Library provides public library services in Cherokee, Clay and Graham Counties in Western North Carolina through four branch libraries and a bookmobile.
Salary: Subject to experience and qualifications
- Completion of or working towards a Master’s program in Library Science from an ALA-accredited library school preferred.
- Three years of management experience preferred.
- Must have thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of modern library operation including ILS, OCLC, NCLive and the Internet.
- Considerable knowledge of and background in various types of literature and information.
- Ability to plan, promote and implement programs utilizing library facilities.
- Ability to stimulate interest and encourage participation in reading and other library activities.
- Ability to guide patrons in making book selections.
- Ability to deal courteously and tactfully with the general public.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Director, other Nantahala Regional Library employees and the staff of the local funding authority.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have transportation and have and maintain a valid North Carolina driver’s license.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs. and the ability to bend, reach and spend up to four consecutive hours standing and walking.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Work involves the management of a branch library including the planning and organizing of special programs, the supervision of circulation activities and reference work, the preparation of displays and the care of the building and equipment.
- Work includes collection development and reader’s advisory.
- Work also involves public contact of a promotional nature in working with organizations in our area.
- Work also involves the supervision of two full-time library assistants, part-time employees, volunteers and others.
- Works with the Friends of the Library, schools and other community agencies to provide library service to all members of the community.
- Participates in planning and budgeting for the library branch along with the Director, Finance Officer, Regional Library Board Members and the local funding authority.
Available: February 24, 2017
Apply by: March 3, 2017
To apply: Submit a letter of interest, resume and the names, addresses and phone numbers of three professional references to: Daphne Simmons, Director, Nantahala Regional Library, 11 Blumenthal Street, Murphy, NC 28906, fax 828-837-6416 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional information: Contact Daphne Simmons at 828-837-2025 or at email@example.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer