TITLE: Coordinator of Resource Acquisition and Management
LIBRARY: University Libraries, Appalachian State University
CITY: Boone, North Carolina
The University Libraries at Appalachian State University seek a Coordinator of the Resource Acquisition and Management (RAM) team. RAM is responsible for monographic and serial acquisitions in all formats, electronic resource management, collections budget management, cataloging in all formats, metadata creation for the Libraries’ digital collections, interlibrary borrowing and document delivery, physical processing, and adding content to the University’s institutional repository. The successful candidate will be a creative and analytical thinker and will have experience leading and managing technical services, a record of successful projects, and the ability to manage change and to adapt to new expectations. As part of the Libraries’ middle management group, the RAM Coordinator will work to fulfill the Libraries’ mission and to meet strategic goals. The Libraries seek to recruit and retain faculty and staff from a variety of backgrounds to enrich the social, cultural, and intellectual missions of the University.
Appalachian State University is located in the beautiful mountains of western North Carolina. The University is committed to promoting sustainability and creating global connections.
University Libraries faculty work in a collegial team-based environment, participate in the University Libraries’ liaison program, and engage in active programs of scholarship and professional service. The Libraries offer strong support for professional development activities, including publishing, presenting, and attending conferences and workshops.
- Coordinate the activities of a team of 4 faculty librarians and 11 staff members
- Provide leadership and manage change in an evolving technical services environment
- Train, support, mentor, and advise team members
- Lead team decision-making and problem-solving processes
- Facilitate communication and team discussion in development of team planning, goal setting, and assessment
- Keep team informed by meeting regularly with faculty and staff
- Complete work plans, evaluations, and timesheets for staff under direct supervision
- Review, approve, and guide progress on goals for individual faculty to ensure alignment with team and library goals
- Conduct annual evaluations of team faculty
- Serve as a member of the library leadership group
- Collaborate and communicate with administrators and other managers to develop and implement library goals, objectives, policies, and services
- Engage in an active program of scholarship and professional service
- American Library Association accredited master’s degree or equivalent advanced degree
- Minimum five years experience in library technical services
- Minimum three years progressively responsible management and supervisory experience
- Effectiveness in change and project management
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet criteria for scholarship and service
- A second advanced degree
- Experience in academic libraries or understanding of issues in higher education
- Commitment to excellent services, teamwork, diversity, and inclusiveness
- Strong record of scholarship and service
- Commitment to shared governance and the faculty model
Review of completed applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Send a complete application comprised of (1) a cover letter addressing the required and preferred qualifications, (2) a full C.V. including education and relevant experience, and (3) the name, address, email, and telephone number of three to five references who are knowledgeable about your qualifications for this position to: RAM Coordinator Search Committee, Attn: Sherrye Perry, Belk Library and Information Commons, 218 College Street, Appalachian State University, Boone, NC 28608; or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: RAM Coordinator Search Committee.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
For more information regarding this position please contact Paul Orkiszewski, search committee chair, email@example.com, (828) 262-6588.
To view the full job ad, visit https://hr.appstate.edu/employment/faculty-vacancies/569