POSITION: Librarian I / Adult Programming Coordinator
LIBRARY: Alamance County Public Library
CITY: Burlington, NC
NOTE: Regular work week would be Tuesday Thursday: 11:00 a.m. 8:00 p.m. & Friday Saturday: 9:00 a.m. 6:00 p.m. Flexibility in scheduling is required. Ability to speak Spanish is a plus.
SALARY: $39,843-$51,796, Medical and Dental, 401K
Education and Experience: A Master’s Degree in Library and Information Studies from an ALA-accredited graduate library school is required. Candidates must be able to acquire certification by the North Carolina Public Library Certification Commission.
The successful applicant will possess a proven dedication to providing excellent internal and external customer service. Candidates must possess strong leadership qualities, excellent computer and communication skills and a strong work ethic. The ability to communicate effectively and establish and maintain good working relationships with other employees and the general public is required.
Applicants should possess knowledge of professional library principles, methods, materials and practices; knowledge of reader interest levels and of books and authors; knowledge of reference methods and resources and knowledge and experience of current and emerging technologies.
Job Description: This position’s primary responsibility is working with adult services staff at Alamance County Public Libraries. In addition, this position also staffs public service desks at May Memorial Library in Burlington, NC. This person may be asked to work at other Alamance County Public Library branches as needed. This position spends approximately 30-40% of scheduled hours working at a public service desk.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working with Branch Managers, Outreach Coordinator and Youth Services Coordinator to design, plan, publicize, and organize implementation of programming and adult services for ACPL
- Serves as a resource person for all staff who have responsibilities working with programming.
- Serves as a representative for ACPL in the community.
- Working at public service desks as scheduled and following established ACPL circulation policies and procedures;
- Opening and closing the library under established procedures;
- Acting as the supervisor-in-charge as needed;
- Providing instruction and readers’ advisory services for library patrons; responding to in-house and telephone requests for information from library patrons, including complex reference questions;
- Attending professional meetings and other committees as needed.
This position works 40 hours per week, including some evenings and weekends as scheduled. Applicants must be able to stand for extended periods of time, reach the top and bottom shelves, and lift 40 lbs, as well as push and pull loaded book carts.
APPLY BY: 7/3/2018 @ 11:59 pm
For additional information, contact Jason Rogers at 336-570-6981.