TITLE: Instruction & Outreach Librarian (Part-time, Lee Campus)
SALARY: Depends on Qualifications
CLOSING DATE: 08/28/17 11:59 PM
This is a re-advertisment. Previous applicants do not need to reapply.
Provides library instruction and reference services during the morning and midday hours, embedded librarian services in seated and online classes, circulation services, computer assistance, and collection development in assigned areas. Develops and maintains assigned online research guides. Actively promotes the library to constituents via dynamic outreach activities. Works with Director of Library Services on library programming.
Work Schedule 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM Monday – Thursday
– Plans, develops, teaches, and assesses library instruction sessions and orientations for classes that incorporate active learning techniques, information literacy skills, and digital literacy skills. Assists with online instruction for distance education classes as needed. Works as an embedded librarian in online and seated classes as needed.
– Works with faculty to integrate information literacy skills and library resources into the college curriculum.
– Works with other librarians on instructional design, teaching methods, and assessment of library instruction.
– Creates instructional materials which support student and curricular needs.
– Develops and maintains assigned online research guides using LibGuides 2.0.
– Provides high-quality reference services to in-house library users and to online students. Staffs virtual chat reference during assigned hours. Assists students, faculty, staff, and other patrons with the use of the library catalog, print resources, electronic databases, and the Internet through individual instruction and/or research consultations.
– Assists students in the use of library equipment, computers, software, and other resources.
– Works at the circulation desk when scheduled or needed. Creates student photo IDs. Assists in managing study room reservations in the LibCal system.
– Identifies outreach opportunities, plans and implements relevant activities, and establishes effective networks with library constituents. Actively promotes library resources and services to students, faculty, and staff through traditional and electronic methods.
– Works with Director of Library Services on library programming and displays.
– Compiles and maintains library instruction and outreach data for monthly statistical reports.
– Works with the Director of Library Services in selecting and deselecting library materials. Assists with collection development in assigned areas.
– Assists with inventory of the library collections.
– Oversees the general library study environment.
– Performs other library duties as assigned by the Director of Library Services.
– May be assigned to work other hours and/or at other campus locations as needed
- Complete the annual five-hour staff development requirement.
- Follow and support College activities, policies, and procedures.
- Serve on College committees as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
– Master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited institution.
– Minimum of 1 year library experience in an academic or community college library setting. Teaching experience at the college level with traditional and non-traditional students incorporating active learning methods.
– Thorough knowledge of online research databases and print resources. Experience in collection development and evaluating information resources. Experience in library outreach. Familiarity with distance education library services and embedded librarianship. Strong computer/technology skills. Current knowledge of library technologies, integrated library systems, LibGuides, and Microsoft Office Suite. Excellent customer service and organizational skills. Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills. Physical ability to do moderate lifting and to push full book carts. Occasional travel between campuses may be required.
– Valid driver’s license
An understanding of and an appreciation for the concept of the “open door admission policy” and/or community college library experience. An understanding of principles and best practices in information literacy instruction. Strong commitment to help students learn and succeed. Familiarity with chat reference services and with online course management systems (i.e. Blackboard). Ability to proactively reach out to and collaborate with faculty and staff. Flexibility to adapt and respond to change in an ever-changing environment. Ability to work well with individuals of diverse backgrounds. Enthusiasm for library services. Self-starter, reliable, innovative, and a strong work ethic.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/ccccedu/jobs/1822779/instruction-outreach-librarian-part-time-lee-campus
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Contact Valorie Benn, Associate Director of Human Resources at (919) 718-7423, firstname.lastname@example.org or Tara Lucas, Director of Library Services at (919) 718-7245, email@example.com.
CCCC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.